Tuesday, December 22, 2009

';Should I get blonde highlights on my black hair?';?

I have long wavy black hair and can't decide wether to get blonde highlights or just leave it black. I have it really layered and it looks healthy but feel hightlights will make it look nicer. I will be getting it done at a beaty salon but don't know if to go for it.................Any suggestions........Thanks';Should I get blonde highlights on my black hair?';?
you have to bleach the black strands you are going to highlight, then die those. Black with blond highlighs in my opinion looks like a skunk, sorry dont think it looks good or natural. If you want a highlighted look try doing a brown highlight, the contrast between the black will look a lot nicer then blond. Also the maintainance will be way harder to keep up with the lighter you go when the hair grows out it wont look very good. Try a darker shade highlight,';Should I get blonde highlights on my black hair?';?
Ok, the trick to highlights, at least if you want them to look natural and modern, is to get them no more than 2 shades lighter than your natural hair color.


so maybe like a chestnut brown would bring some color to your face and brighten your hair up a bit for summer.


Also, you want to get them AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE, because the thinner they are the more naturally they blend in with your hair and the less obvious they are when they grow out.





Besides you just want to look naturally fabulous, not like you just walked out of a salon!!!





Remember - beware of the thick chunky skunk-like highlights and it'll be great!





GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!
i don't like the look or blonde highlights in black hair, i think its too much. If i were you, i would go a light brown or brown in your black hair, i think it would look good :)
I think dark brown highlights would look better, like a caramel color, but not blonde
I think it would be very hard to do, as black is the most difficult color to dye over
if your going for a punk look definatley go for it. But if your more girly i would leave it plain black. or with brown tips. that would look spunky.

No comments:

Post a Comment