Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hair highlights help?

Hey, I am going to put highlights in my hair but my mum won't allow me to bleach it coz i straighten it and she thinks it will damage it too much. I have dark blonde/light brown hair and was wondering what colours/shades I could get without bleaching my hair first???? ThxHair highlights help?
Any highlight is bleaching, obviously the lighter you go the more bleach is required and the more often you will need to get it highlighted. However there are things you can do to help relieve the negative effects of highlighting. One is don't wash your hair for a couple days before getting it highlighted, this will keep some of the natural oils in your hair and will protect if from over drying during the highlighting process. When you get your hair highlighted be sure they use conditioners after washing it out. Also, if you can, don't wash your hair for a day or two after getting the highlights. Then, whenever you wash your hair be sure to use conditioner and let it sit on your hair for a few minutes and use some type of moisturizer spray or glistening drops before you straighten your hair, this will protect it more from the heat of the straightener.

No comments:

Post a Comment