Thursday, December 31, 2009

How do you get rid of an ash color in your hair. I can't even color over my highlights?

i went to the salon and they put a meduim golden brown and it nuetralizes the highlights a bit. They still look ashy and green and are not taking any color. They tried to use two toners and now a hair dye and still I see that they are ashy.Do I need to cut them out? Help my hair was beauitful and long now it is ruin.How do you get rid of an ash color in your hair. I can't even color over my highlights?
Ashiness or green tinge is a common occurance when you highllight or dye blonde over a brown color. In a brown color, there is green, red and yellow. In blonde, there is only yellow, so the green color is still left. The only way to prevent it is to put red color in it first, before going blonde... and the only way to get rid of it is by putting a red in it now and going back blonde again after giving it a rest for a few weeks.





NO do not cut off your hair... you can always get deep conditioning treatments if it's damaged.





Oh, also, the sun and chlorine (in swimming pools) can also cause this coloring. Avoid that by using a hair mask (can be found at the salon) and not swimming in chlorinated pools.





Your colorist should have known all of this and been able to get rid of it... i would go to a better salon next time.How do you get rid of an ash color in your hair. I can't even color over my highlights?
you need a red based color, red neutralizes green(ASH)
Usually a color with red in the base will cancel out any green tone.
Hmm...a golden brown should have helped a good bit.


I'm sure the stylists did everything they could think of - I'm MORE than sure they used a Warm color. I can think of nothing else to tone out a ashy highlight other than to bleach it a little more with an ash neutralizing bleach (Kaleidocolors works for such things) Don't even THINK of cutting out your highlights!


Go back to the salon, it may take several sessions to fix your hair. If you aren't happy, the stylist should continue to work on your hair to fix it if she didn't do it right the first time.
use a red based color but do not leave it on long other wise you will have redlights instead. i suggest going to a different stylist and having a professional do it. home color can be a disaster if your not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment